** As I was writing this, it was not many days left until new year’s day. I started writing the main topic, but I got so busy with school. I had projects and finals to focus on. I never got to finish writing this post until after finals, so this had to be posted on 2015 instead of it being posted on the December of 2014. **
The year has finally ended and I’m excited for this new year. I didn’t reach the goal I had set out to read, but I was only 8 books behind and I’m pretty satisfied with that. From my 50 books goal, I managed to have read 42, that’s amazing! I’ve never been one to keep track of how many books I’ve read during the year and not entirely sure if It’s really the most books I have read in a year, but seeing the number is very pleasing.
I’ve seen some people do this list, and I want to give it a go, maybe make it a tradition for all the years to come. Here are my top 14 books of 2014: (Keep in mind though, not all these books we’re published in 2014, these are just the books that I read in 2014)
14. Four (Divergent companion book) – by Veronica Roth: 3.5/ 5 stars
13. Shades of Earth (Across the Universe #3) – by Beth Revis: 3.5/5 stars
12. Perks of Being a Wallflower – by Stephen Chbosky: 4/5 stars
11. Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares – by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan: 4/5 stars
9. Landline – by Rainbow Rowell: 4/5 stars
8. Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and The Frenck Kiss #1) – by Stephanie Perkins: 4.5/5 stars
7. Fangirl – by Rainbow Rowell: 4.5/5 stars
6. The Lover’s Dictionary – by David Levithan: 5/5 stars
5. Mr.Penumbra’s 24 Hour Bookstore – by Robin Sloan: 5/5 stars
3. Just One Day (Just One Day #1) – by Gayle Forman: 5/5 stars
2. Eleanor and Park – by Rainbow Rowell: 5/5 stars
1. Ready Player One – by Ernest Cline: 5/5 stars
This was a really good reading year for me. I found this whole community focused on books, and I really got to know what it really is to be a bookworm. I can’t wait to see what the new year has in store for me.